Saturday, February 14, 2009

Examples of Media Stories

You'll notice that I've posted a number of media stories from previous classes below. I'm not claiming that these media stories are perfect, but all of them have merits worth noting.

Stories are best at inciting something deep and emotional. They're best when they're about connection and meaning and shared understanding. So I'd definitely recommend that you approach these stories with the kind of hospitality that allows those kinds of responses to emerge.

*AFTER* these stories have done their best work on you -- you may want to think about them from a storyteller's perspective. You may even want to (I offer with trepidation) think about them from your student perspective -- and look over the rubric I've already provided for you.

If you have a question about your media story after you've watched some of these stories -- let me know!

No comments: